Re: Non-Scirocco (A-2/A-3 help needed)

>Eric L Ellis <elf16v@juno.com> writes:
> I have a friend with a 90 G60 and she's planning on doing a front
> strut change this week. I remember that A-2 strut bearings can be
replaced
> with the better A-3 strut bearings I think. Anyone know if this is
true?
> Are any modifications necessary?

Sorry I just know Sciroccos...
Just kidding. <g>

You can use the VR6 strut mounts, but it will raise the front end about
half an inch, or so.

What brand struts is she getting? If she's going with Boges, you might as
well stick with regular mounts,
since they will last just as long as the Boges, 50K if your lucky.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V