TT hanger clamps

Okay.. I hate to bring this up again but I'm still trying to solve my
little dilemma.

I've got an '87 16v and want to install a Dynomax Superturbo muffler to
replace my busted stock muffler.. I've got everything covered except how
to hang it. The stock muffler has two hangers welded on the front lip of
the muffler and one on the rear. My exhaust is completely stock, and I'm
completely happy with it except for the muffler. I don't want to go all
out and spend hundreds of dollars for another eighth of an inch diameter
(especially when its only cat-back) and replace the stock stainless stuff
I already have.

I called Techtonics and the guy wasn't too helpful after he heard I didn't
have a TT exhaust system. He said he didn't know if the hanger clamps
would work if I had the muffler connected to the stock cat-back exhaust
instead of theirs. I don't blame him for being cautious but I'm looking
for some hard data here...

Anybody want to take an educated guess on whether I should be able to
take a superturbo muffler like that used on the TT aluminized cat back
exhaust and buy the two TT clamps for that exhaust that have the hangers
welded to them and have everything line up? Of course I don't want to go
spend the money and then find out its way off and I wasted my money.

If someone with the aluminized TT cat back stuff wants to go measure the
length and width of their dynomax muffler for me that would be really
really helpful (I can make sure its the same size as the dynomax muffler I
buy), but I doubt anybody is gonna want to go crawl out under their car
with a ruler and do that for me. Hmm. I wonder if the length of the
dynomax compared to the stock 16v muffler is the same, "really close", or
way off... I suppose it depends on the exact model of the dynomax.
Apparently there is more than one model number that will fit.

I called some exhaust/muffler shops in the area and they all want at least
$30 to cut the hangers off the old muffler and weld them on to the new,
which I think is a bunch of baloney. I asked them if it would be any less
if I brought the hangers in already cut off for them to weld and they said
no. C'mon guys ... its less than a 10 minute job! I've got a buddy with a
welder but he's never in town.. and I'm not really a big fan of reusing
the old hangers anyway.

Somebody please help me out here so the neighbors can stop complaining...

Thanks,

-Toby

--
'87 16v