Re: compression questions

the mad bastard wrote:

> ok, so we know that you need a lower compression motor to safely turn up
> boost.  but is there some kind of formula that you can follow that states
> that X pounds of boost is okay with an engine that has a compression of Y:1?

Jason, you should definitely pose this question on the Hardcore VW page's forum.
I've never "met" a group more focused on serious VW engine tuning. Most of them
are dragracers and the requirement to have your car listed on the page is to
turn a 12 second ET or make at least 250hp! These guys know their shit like
nobody's business. Here's the URL to the page: <http://users.snip.net/~str8g/>
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut