Re: Upper Peninsula: (Was: Re: Glad I drive a Scirocco.)

> A Yooper. Cool. I've always wanted to know something about Yoopers... Are
>  you guys aware that vehicles CAN go faster than 55 m.p.h.??? I went on a
>  road trip last weekend to the Minocqua area, and I got stuck behind 5 or 6
>  of them at different times, all going 55. WTF?? Almost as bad as
F.I.B.'s!!!

>  Zach

Yes, most do drive 55mph.  You see, long sections of 2 lane though woods
provides the perfect habitat for our good buddies, the Troopers!  Tickets
suck, and if you drive any faster than 63, you will get one.  However,
radar/laser detectors do work well.  When you are all by yourself in the
woods, there is nothing to set off a false alarm, so when your detector
starts chirping, you start braking!!!
Another reason Yoopers drive slow:  there isn't anyplace special they are
driving to!  You see, what differance does it make if you get from Nowhere to
the End of the Earth in five minutes less than it would take if you go the
speed limit!  or from towns like Matchwood to Agate, or Paradise to Herman,
or Gay to Mohawk. (You get the point)
Oh yeah, reason three:  Deer and VW's or any other car don't mix.  We have
Deer, we also have coon's, moose, bear, any rabid lumberjacks!

I guess I should provide some Scirocco content:  The UP, I bet I am the only
Scirocco in the hole darn stick of land!!!  (actually, I saw a tricked out
MKI last year, and one the the prof's drives a Corrado G-60)

Hope I was able to provide some insight.
Ben
86 8v
84 8v