Re: Can't we all just get along? I was only trying to help.

> Eric Ellis wrote:
>
> > Hmm. I wonder how my little 2H has stood up to 160 hp when the
> AGB's flew apart?
Luck, maybe...
Is that with 90 mm axles?
The reason that I ask is that I have a recently rebuilt 2H, that I'm
thinking of using in my 16V.

I've had both a 2H and a 2Y(16V) self destruct on me, the 2H @ 158K, and
the 2Y @ 219K miles.

> So AGB's are known not to hold up too well with 160 hp?  Any other
> opinions/experiences with this?  I do know an FN tranny doesn't hold
> up too well to ~180 hp.  :-)  I'm now using the AGB out of my wrecked
> 88 Scirocco.  Hopefully it holds up.  So far two months ok (with a
> couple drag race events).
How are the synchros, if they are good, I'd feel better about it.
I'd run it, and in the meantime you might want to build up your next
tranny.
I don't think any 020 transaxle will hold up very long, unless you get a
Quaife, or at least a differential bolt kit.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V