1.6 w/ 1.8 hydraulic head

--- Chris DeLong <green536@hotmail.com> wrote:

> i havent been following this thread too much
>
> You DO mean cam bearing caps right? Not followers?

      YES, I do mean bearing caps, ONLY four followers
      would be a little wierd no?

> with respect to the head I.D. does your uppper
> radiator hose come out of the
> head between #3 and #4 spark plug area? If so then
> you have a 1.8L head. If
> it comees out between #1 and #2 spark plugs then you
> have a 1.5,1.6,1.7L
> head.

    comes out between #3, #4- 1.8 head, hydraulic

> Modification telltales are the oil return galleys.
> The one between #2 and #3
> spark plug areas will be larger than the receiving
> end @ the block. there
> will also be one between #1 and #2 that will be
> completely blocked off. I
> have done this a few times before and have had
> pretty good results.

    SO those are the only modifications? The reason I
    ask is because the thing needs a valve job (im
    pretty sure) and I need to purchase a gasket set.
    WHich do I purchase the one the belongs to the
head     or the one that belongs to the block?

    ANY OTHER CONSIDERATIONS I NEED TO KEEP IN MIND
 WHEN REMOVING/REPLACING THE HEAD/VALVES/SPRINGS??

> >Positive the head is hydraulic (only four cam
> >followers) and Ive been informed by two listers
> that
> >the EE engine code means this thing is a 1.6. Where
> >can I look for modifications? Are the bolt patterns
> >completely different?

    THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INPUT!