Re: bilstein sports questions

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:33:37 PDT "Joe Doty" <rocco2nr@hotmail.com>
writes:
> I just got my bilstein sports installed all the way around with
> neuspeed  sport springs.  Anyone have these installed?  I know the
rears have
> the  adjustable spring hat, is it safe to use this to lower the back of

> the car a little?
Yeah you can change the height, I would do it one step at a time, it has
5 slots and they are usually set to the middle groove.

> Right now it looks a little high in the back.  Also, am I
> safe without the piston dust covers on the back?  Since I had konis on
> before they had attached covers and right now I have nothing over the
> piston.
I run the rears without covers and I've had no problems.
KYB has a rear shock boot that will fit...

> BTW, this combo kicks ass.  I would like to be a little lower but I
> was told neuspeed race springs would kill these struts.
"Baloney", I don't know what would "kill" Bilsteins, but they can easily
handle the race springs.
I had the race springs with Bilsteins on my '84 Scirocco, great setup if
the roads are smooth, but "it's a little harsh"...

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car, Bilstein Neuspeed sport
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit" , Bilsteins with 16V Scirocco springs
'80, '84, '88 Scirocco rollers