Re: tranny prob?

The ticking noise could possibly be CV joint noise and I guess it could
cause some type of torque steer but I have never heard or experienced that.
The actual torque steer could also be the lower control arm bushings as Ewan
pointed out but make sure when checking this that you use a prybar or
atleast a huge screwdriver.  Stick it in between the mounting point on the
body (where the big 19mm bolt secures the front of the control arm to the
body) and the control arm and pry.  It should not move quickly at all (no
popping, or sloppy movement).  If you have the stock bushings, however,
there should be some slight bouncy or rubbery sort of movement, but if you
have the poly bushings or any other aftermarket hard bushings, there should
basically be no movement.  I had poly bushings on mine and I had a torque
steer problem along with a looseness when going into turns (and I had to go
a certain speed for it to happen) and the sleeve that goes through the
bushing rusted and actually sanded down the bushing.  HTH!!

Dave