Running too hot at times? Remember....

... to make sure you have the proper tension on your main accessory belt
(that is, the waterpump - crank - A/C maybe).  You'd be surprised what a
little slack can do to your waterpumps ability to cool at idle and high
speeds.  Read the Bentley, then measure what you have in there.  After many,
many years of dealing with the problem in the Mid-Atlantic and replacing way
too many parts in a futile R&R manuever, I actually measured the belt
deflection (duh).  Lo and behold, I had a good bit too much deflection.
Tightened it up and even during the summer time she did not get warm at long
idles.

The mileage: 240,000 miles.