Cracked Euro Headlights!!

  Last night I was looking at my Euro headlights and noticed that *both*
of the main beams were cracked!!  This happened at some point while I was
gone this past weekend up in Rochester, NY at the Dyno Day... the drive
there was 7 hours one way (I used my headlights for a few hours on the way
home...).  My first thought was that somehow both beams got hit with rocks
or something... but I have installed the nice thick lens protectant film
(by 3M) that is supposed to prevent this!! hmmmm...
  My latest thought is that the heat from the bulbs themselves has caused
the main lenses to crack... I am running 80/100 W bulbs in the main beams.
Could these higher wattage bulbs produce enough heat to *crack* the lens?
  It really makes no sense that somehow both main lenses got cracked by
rocks... does it?

  So, has anyone ever seen a Euro headlight crack due to the bulb
wattage/heat generated from the bulb?

I would sure hate to get another set of headlights for them to eventually
crack again!

=====