From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of FreshApple
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2000 9:21 PM
To: scirocco list
Subject: To All Speeders...

Someone told me this, not proven but can't hurt to try.

Subject: speeding tickets
If you get a speeding ticket or go through a red light or whatever the
case may be, and you are going to get points on your license, then there
is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get any points. When you get your
fine, send in the check to pay for it and if the fine is say, $79, then
make the check out for $82 or some small amount over the fine. The
system will then have to send you back a check for the difference, but
here is the trick!

DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK !!

Throw it away!!  Points are not assessed to your license until all
financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then
the transactions are NOT complete. However, the system has gotten it's
money and is happy and will not bother you anymore. This information
comes from an unmentionable computer company that sets up the standard
database used by each states DMV.
Good Luck!!!
--
DanK