Re: Convertible Sciroccos??

Hello,

...of course this topic made me curious ! :-))

I got a hint that there might be one of the 70 Hornstein-convertibles
being exported to the U.S.A., look at this mail that I got :

> >  The Scirroco's you own are great, especially the Hornstein!!!!!
> >who is into Sciroocos here in America love those. There was a big VW show
> >about two weeks ago about 1/2 an hour from where I live. A few of my
> friends
> >said they saw a Hornstein Scirocco. They said the guy had it shipped over
> >because he couldn't leave it behind.

this VW-event must have been somewhen in August,
half an hour away from  Schaumburg, IL  60194 USA.

Anybody has been there and seen the Hornstein ???

It would be great to get some info about this, it's hard enough to find
some Hornstein-owners here in Germany !

Thanks & VW-greetings
Dirk

http://www.Scirocco2.de/collection.jpg
Scirocco GTX '86  tin grey 16v 1.8l  KR "CABRIOLET"
Scirocco GTX '84  montegoblack 1.8l  DX "DIGIFIZ"
www.Scirocco2.de

Well,

I do know that we got Rag top sliding sunroof models. In fact there is
one in the parking garage here at work but it's tagged. <sigh> It's in
pretty bad shape, bad black paint, looks like it drove somebody across
country and when it would run anymore they walked away.

Seems like I'm going to contact campus security about interceding prior
to towing (prob. wont go for it, legalities and all). I left my info on
ht e tag for the owner to get in touch. We'll see.

TBerk
Don't think we got any of those special modified versions over here.