Re: Help! Order- wires -distributor

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000 08:39:04 -0700 T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> writes:
> Dan Kraus wrote:
> >
> > List,
> >             HELP! I need Order of wires into distributor cap??
> >
> > Anyone know the correct order in which the spark plug wires go
> into the distributor cap??? ( 16V Scirocco)
> >
> > If you know please give me the order from the most top going left
> or right... ( so I need cylinder # with the correct distributor spot.)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dan Kraus :-)
> >

> 1-3-4-2  counter clockwise.
Yes it is definitely CCW, there is a documented error in the Bentley
Scirocco 16V manual.
That really threw me for a loop, when I did my first tune up on my '88.

>You may need to line up the engine to top dead center so you can see
were cyl one is
> as pointed to by the rotor.

You really shouldn't have to rotate the engine, you can go by the mark in
the top of the distributor body.
Just pop the cap off, note where the mark is, and then put the cap back
on.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"