Re: Scirocco or GTi?

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000 13:16:26 -0400 "Julie Macfarlane"
<juliemac@telenet.net> writes:
> I blew out another CV joint on the GTI on the way to work. Nursed it
> to the repair shop and went to get my Gold Rocco and put it back on the

> road. I have not run it in several weeks and it was a bit rough to
start.
> But up it came, Driving it around today, I remembered why I like
> these cars. I am not a soccer Mom behind the wheel; I am Julie: Queen
of the
> Autobahn.... Beware Ford; look out Honda; Julie's coming...
>
> It is an illness that I am not ashamed of, (a bit bizzarre, but not
> a bad thing). I have madeup my mind. I will not marry a man, nor become
> Lesbian.
"Not that there is anything wrong with that..."

> What do you call some one in love with a car?
I don't know.. caramouros?

>  As for the new Rocco, I believe that by having two electrical
> systems in the car, the wiring got confused and will not run. I am
going to
> strip the old wiring harness and replace it with the one Peter supplied
him.
That's a great place to start...
I'd install the A2 harness and once I got it running I'd splice in all
the lights and stuff.
Keep in mind that there are 3 wires going to the fuel gauge sender, and
you will have to do something with the hot wire that normally powers the
transfer pump. I extracted the terminals out of the connector and
inserted them into the original plug, then I cut the power wire back by
the rear seat wall, you know where the wires run right in front of the
rear seat, and taped it up real well and put spiral wrap around it..
It's really nice how the newer fuse/relay panel fits the cradle... I
always hated the piggy back relay setup of the Mk.1's.

> (Good God! What have I become...)
Sounds like the Scirocco and you are on the road to recovery...

Good luck with it.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"