Re: ?Insurance issues

Bigslink,

I bounced your question off a friend of mine who is an insurance agent in
Chicago, just to get his professional opinion. Here's what he had to say:

Those are generally brokers that are NOT computer linked to the companies
that they write their different lines of business through.(or REALLY lazy
agents) ANY big carrier, you people know the big ones, would be able to give
you a quote in a snap, as it is on line.

If it isn't in the computer they should have an annually updated paper
manual that shows the vehicle symbol so they can rate it.

Age can have a lot to do with it, as well as attitude when approaching the
agent. Let's face it, there are people that come off kind of "gruff" or
"abrasive" and sometimes we as agents would rather not have them as clients.
BUT that is also REDLINING which is illegal in ALL states.

Regardless of who or what they are the agent has to give you a quote. If you
would not qualify for a particular carrier they then must give you the name
of the state pool where "baddy" drivers go and carriers are assigned to take
you. Generally you must be turned down at least 2 times for underwriting
reasons i.e.* DUI, accidents, Driving under revocation, etc. to get
insurance in the pool. (most states, but not all operate this way.)(check
with your dept. of insurance for state specific regulations)

Hope you can use this opinion.

Christian
insures through USAA (shameless plug:
house and 6 vehicles for less than 2K/yr)