Re: Update...long..latest drag times for those interested

jasin, congratulations!  that is fantastic news!!  i'm glad one of
us hit the 13s this year.  of course, i am sad as well as happy.  i was
hoping to do the exact same thing this year, but alas, it was not to be...

i went to the local track about 3 fridays ago, and i got my quickest
time thus far, but it's only marginally better than my other runs.

i had 7 runs that night, and the times ranged from 14.236 to 14.544.
that's a little better than my previous best of 14.264, but nothing too
special...

these were night runs, so the weather was perfect, and the car was
emptied, the back lifted, slicks fitted, and aerodynamic adjustments (in the
form of carboard/duct tape) were made to the front of the car.

problems for the night were limited to 2 things: lack of traction
out of the hole as evidenced by my 60' times, and the fact that i forgot to
disconnect my full throttle switch.

the lack of traction can be attributed to the fact that my e-brakes
are only half working.  the full throttle switcheroo trick was employed at
the previous track visit, and it brought me from consistent 14.8s to my
final 14.264/14.3xx runs.  i'm not saying that it'll work for everyone, and
it almost certainly won't work for jasin (cuz he's got motronic), but it
works for me, and i'm pissed that i didn't think of it at the time.

my seven runs looked like this:

me  vs ragtop '89 5L
.939 reaction .760
1.935 60 ft 2.293
5.793 330 ft 6.424
9.045 1/8 ET 9.798
76.24 1/8 MPH 74.01
14.238 1/4 ET 15.069
93.14 1/4 MPH 93.34

me vs Mazda 323 GTX (FWD turbo)
.869 reaction .520
2.021 60 ft 2.342
5.896 330 ft 6.386
9.149 1/8 ET 9.517
76.37 1/8 MPH 79.88
14.313 1/4 ET 14.349
93.54 1/4 MPH 99.79

me vs lowered blazer
.875 reaction .882
1.991 60 ft 2.617
5.865 330 ft 7.506
9.115 1/8 ET 11.540
76.37 1/8 MPH 61.06
14.276 1/4 ET 17.981
94.39 1/4 MPH 74.77

me vs some old camaro
.472 reaction .821
2.059 60 ft 2.326
5.896 330 ft 6.646
9.118 1/8 ET 10.134
75.97 1/8 MPH 72.11
14.236 1/4 ET 15.483
93.93 1/4 MPH 91.81

me vs 5L '89 ranger
.644 reaction .529
2.023 60 ft 2.239
5.873 330 ft 6.128
9.107 1/8 ET 9.305
76.79 1/8 MPH 78.82
14.241 1/4 ET 14.283
93.73 1/4 MPH 98.45

me vs '69 chevelle
.629 reaction .511
2.121 60 ft 2.223
6.067 330 ft 6.141
9.358 1/8 ET 9.446
74.63 1/8 MPH 75.50
14.544 1/4 ET 14.626
92.61 1/4 MPH 93.89

yeah, meze, i'm sleeping.  whaddya want?  all i need is some more
practice.  my first run of the night had the best traction of all, and it
pretty much went downhill from there.  i swear, if i get one more chance at
the track, i'll have my e-brake fixed up so i can properly BBQ my rubbers.
of course, hte chances of me hitting the track are looking super slim at the
moment. shitty....

i will keep ya'll informed of my progress, if any more progress is
to be made, that is.

jason
the mad bastard