Air/Fuel guage

  I just installed one on my 16v tonight...by Autometer...neat guage.
It would probably be an even more impressive guage if I knew that it
was actually giving me correct readings!  : )
  Has anyone installed one of these before?  (Shawn?)
I just want to make sure that I hooked the guage up properly.  The main
issue with this wiring is tapping into the O2 sensor.  Since the sensor
produces such a small voltage I wasn't sure if I could just splice and
solder the guage connection to the main O2 sensor wire...would this
disrupt the signal enough to cause a problem?  Would I need to run a
second O2 sensor to run just the guage itself?
  Any experience or help is appreciated!  TIA

=====