Oil buzzer on

I'm trying to turn off my oil light/buzzer that have been on since I bought
the car.  According to Bentley, it appears that when a ground is present at
a particular terminal on one of the instrument cluster connectors, that
means everything is fine and the light and buzzer turn off.  This is an '82,
BTW.

If I'm reading the diagram correctly, the bl/bk wire is the one that
provides this ground to the cluster.  However, when I run a jumper from this
wire at the cluster connector to ground, the light and buzzer stay on.

I don't think it's the cluster because I had this cluster in my '84 and
didn't have a problem.  For troubleshooting purposes (I'm not going to just
put a band-aid on to shut up the buzzer and leave myself without any kind of
oil pressure warning), is this the correct wire?  Am I even interpreting the
wiring diagram correctly, or did I mess something up?

TIA...
Aaron
'82 Scirocco
'84 Scirocco