Re: are my center dash air controls suppose to light up?

> When I turn on my headlights the controls for the heater and air don't
>light up.
>Are they suppose to?  If they are what do I do to get them to work?
>Also my upshift light doesn't work but I don't know if I really want it to
>though.
>Usually I think that those lights are annoying anyway.
>
>Thanks,
>Rob
>86 8v

Yes, they're supposed to light up.  That plate comes out if you remove
the fan speed knob and HVAC control levers.   You have a chance of
having one of the plates with the non-replaceable light...won't know
until you check.  If it's replaceable, you'll know it.  The bulb & holder
come out...obviously. ;)

As for the upshift light, if you really want it back, it's probably
the reverse light / upshift light box switch thing (what's a good
name for this anyway?) on top of the transmission.  Can't miss it,
5 wire plug, behind the clutch cable and sorta in front of the speedo
cable.  It's also possible that a PO removed the upshift relay from
the fuse box / relay plate...check your Bentley to figure out which
one it is as I can't remember which one it is right now.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net