Odd starting problem (much help needed!!)

Occasionally (twice so far), my fuel pump relay will fail to turn on,
therefore, no fuel pump, no car go.  It happened a couple weeks ago, so
I replaced the relay (figuring that was the culprit), and it didn't
work.  I jumped the terminals per Bentley to make sure my pump turned
on, and it did.  I checked voltage from the key-on teminals, and it
seemed okay.  But it just wouldn't go.  Then, all of a sudden, I heard
the relay click, and it fired right up.  Then this past Sunday, I tried
to start it, and nothing, same problem.  I futzed looking for loose
wires, etc, and found nothing.  I went back to it Monday night, got in,
and it started right up, and (cross your fingers) I haven't had a
problem since.
Anyone have any ideas?
Nate
'84 8v

Oh, and btw, I replaced my NGK plugs with Bosch Platinum +4's, and there
was a notable improvement.  But, I also replaced my plug wires and cap
and rotor with Bosch components at the same time, soooooo........