Re: Dual Manifold

On Mon, 09 Oct 2000 18:36:06 -0400 Christopher Grossi <cgrossi@dwc.edu>
writes:

> I have the chance to buy a dual exhaust manifold with the downpipe.
> My only question is that the cat. converter flange has been cutoff. Not

> having done any in front of cat exhaust work before I am kind of
ignorant in
> this area.
> Is that a big deal to replace or can the downpipe still be used just
> by getting another one of these flanges and attaching it between the
> cat and downpipe?

If it an '82 and up Scirocco, you will also need a flex pipe between the
cat and the downpipe.
You could also use the street legal TT downpipe, which doesn't need the
flex pipe.

As long as you have the flex pipe, or the TT pipe, everything will bolt
right up.
You will need new exhaust manifold gaskets, 8 exhaust nuts, 6 nuts and
bolts for each flange,
and 2 flange gaskets.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car