Re: What size racing Slicks?

I use M&H drag slicks on my 80 . If you want to go big get the 22x8 on a 13"
diameter rim thats what I run . I went out and bought some 13x7 steel Nascar
style wheels to mount them on since I didnt have any nearly that wide laying
around .
 I have my car lowered at least 2" and the tire doesnt even come close
especially since 22"is acually slightly smaller than a 195-50-15 . I do say
this at rest as by the time you get to the end of the track the tire actually
grows about an inch .

Be warned that they do stick out over an inch from the wheel well but to me I
think it looks menacing . So far with my first time running the tires I have
taken almost half a second of my qtr time . Its so much more fun launching
now cause you can just leave the street tire guys standing there .
I shall be returning to the track this Sunday for the last time this season
to gather more data and hopefully some in car footage .

Oh yeah they run $119 each for my size .
Jasin
MK1