Re: shooting flames out the tail pipe?

In a message dated 10/8/2000 08:55:48 GMT Daylight Time, veedublu@prod.net
writes:

> I used to produce large fireballs out the exhaust of a carbureted Toyota by
>  running it to near redline in 1st or 2nd gear, turning off the key (while
>  leaving the clutch engaged), pumping the gas several times, then turning
the
>  key back on.  This was referred to as a "key bang" and got plenty of
>  attention when you lit up the whole block :)   It was hell on the muffler
>  though!

I used to do this with my Plymouth Horizon.  Did it 3 times, the third blew
the muffler wide open, oops!  As for devices, like spark plugs in the tail
pipe, these are illegal in most states.  It is darn hard to try and convince
any officer  that this is "original equipment" or some sort of emmision
reducing device!

Ben
86 8v
84 8v