Re: Load reduction relay.

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000 22:38:44 -0400 "Julie Macfarlane"
<juliemac@telenet.net> writes:

>Checking the Bentleys shows that when the light switch is on lights,
>the relay closes and shorts points X and 30.
>30 comes direct from the battery and X from the ignition switch. I
>worked that much out. Now. What the He** does it do? (The word is heck
by the
>way...)
>
>Julie Macfarlane

Your an engineer right? Hmm, I don't speak engineer lingo so ill just
have to splain it in me own verbage.
Basically what it does is shuts off everything that's not needed to start
the car. Keeps electrical power draw to a minimum so it can crank over
and fire up. When you turn the key to start the headlights go off, fan
and whatever else is on gets turned off for the starting function. Load
reduction relay. Kind of explains itself after you understand what it
does. Sokay now?

Say, your web page diagram never did work right for me. (And for others
that I asked about but don't worry, you didn't reply to me then either.)

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!