Re: Fuel pump Question!

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Dan Kraus wrote:

> 	My question is:
> 	Do all fuel pumps buzz? If so should you be able to hear it while
> driving and what dose the buzz mean?

Buzzing doesn't sound right, but then I don't have much to compare to.

> - I just put a used pump in and it can be heard from about 100 feet
> away, it's driving me crazy!

Having just put in *new* pump, I would say that's not good. I can hardly
hear the new pump from inside the car, when I prime it, whereas the old
one was *very* loud (kinda like a low pitched hum). I can't imagine how
loud it was from outside, but the engine is pretty loud too, so it might
have drowned out the pump...

Cheers
Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com