Just let me clear this up...

First of all, the last 2 messages were written by my girlfriend, not
myself.  The second one I didn't even know about.
Second of all, most of you are right, this 'rice bashing' is getting out
of hand.  I am guilty of it at times, as we all are.  But let me say
that I have respect for people that actually care about thier cars and
how they perform, as we on the list do about our cars.  Hell, if I had
the money, I'd buy a 16v and trick the hell out of it.  But I'm settling
for mild trickery on my tired '84 8v.  The whole 'rice scene' started
when someone put big tires, loud exhaust and gaudy stickers (most of
which, such as manufacturer stickers) aren't even included on the car.
For example, VTEC and Type R stickers on Civic DX's.  That's the stuff
we just have to laugh at, and I think most of you would agree.   But I
can fully respect someone shoehorning a VTEC engine into a CRX.  That
actually takes knowhow and skill, whereas stickers don't.  When I saw
the guys with the tricked Integras, I found it interesting.  I wasn't
bashing them at all, and I didn't mean for it to sound that way.
Sorry to get the list all riled up!!
Nate
Non-riced '84 8v