Re: TDI Banned in NY, NJ and CA?!

no clue as to why.

i know that mb has no more diesels for the us after 99 because of the
emissions restrictions.  this makes a lot of people unhappy...me too!  those
damn things are indestructible.  anybody see what the new sclass diesel in
europe puts out in torque?  i'll give you a hint...over 400lbs foot.  also
interesting i was watching tnn racing mad late last week and they tweaked a
dodge (cummins td) pickup up to 691 lbs ft!!! drove a 97 volvo turbodiesel
through the country of sweden last summer and damn you'd be surprised how
much kick that thing had....even more impressive on the highway at
triple-digit speeds.

with gas going up to 2.00 per gallon (easily) by november i have a feeling we
will be seeing quite a bit more of the diesel.

adding

rob murphy
87 16v