Re: Tires (50mm intakes)

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000 14:49:46 -0700 (PDT) "T. Reed"
<treed2@u.washington.edu> writes:

Strange that I'm responding to a "T Reed" :)

> Hmm, looking at the physics behind this, I wonder if someone hasn't
tried
> rigging up a mechanical servo that changes the diameter of a hole (like
> those doors in star trek, basically) and then controlled the servo
> electronically based on RPM. Then you could have the best of both
worlds

I recall a special model of Chrysler product back about 10 years ago that
had been seriously tweaked by Carroll Shelby.  Among the mods made to
this car (might have been a LeBaron?) was a variable sized intake on the
turbo, which was supposed to reduce turbo lag and increase maximum boost
at the same time.

-Timothy A Reed, Esq.
t.a.reed.esq@juno.com
Moses approached the thick darkness where God was
Exodus 20:21