Re: Front plate mount strategy?

When I got my Scirocco way back when, it had no front mounting bracket,
so i simply mounted it to the front valance.  It looks alot better, and
is no more difficult to see than the front plates on most '80s Toyotas,
so long as you are more than 8 feet away from the front of the car.  And
save for the one cop who tried to write me a ticket for not front plates
(ultimately, he didn't), I have had no problems.  Ten Virginia
inspections later, the front plates are still there...

B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. "Fritz")
'85 Jetta
'87 Porsche 944