NOS Horror story...

Ok, I was at the local Club H20 meeting tonight kickin it with about 30
other guys. Well, one guy just finished building a 2.1liter 16v motor,
balanced, 278 Kent cams,  and he put it in a stripped out Rabbit... totally
bad ass 13.67second 1/4 car...  Oh, also running 60hp of NOS... well, he
takes a guy for a ride. He pulls out of the parking lot and floors it up to
the stoplight, just out of sight from the rest of us. Then the car dies, so
he starts it back up... with the NOS on!!!!! This triggers one of the
loudest explosions I have ever heard. I grab the fire extinguisher out of
my car fearing the worst...
As we all sprint to the car, there is shit all over the ground... we
quickly pushed it to a side street and pulled the hood off. Actually, the
front had hoodpins and thats all that kept the hood on. Upon removing the
hood we saw that three injectors had been blown out of the intake, the
intake book was toast, a chunk of the throttle body was missing in action,
the airbox was in pieces, the grill broke, the hood had a huge crease in it...
So like all these people are gathered around the car trying to find out
what caused the huge explosion... and I guess there was a huge fireball
shooting out of the exhaust... Well we pushed the car back to the parking
lot where we had the meeting and the car was able to turn over...
Pretty scary shit... I'll try and have pics soon. :D
Tyler
8816v