85 8v fuel filter

   Anyone change the fuel flter located on the top passenger side of the gas
tank on an 85 MkII. I suspect that it or one of the hoses are the cause for
my fuel leak I found yesterday. If so does the gas tank have to be removed.
It seems that way because I can only see a small corner of a little brown
boxed shaped something or another (my guess is the fuel filter). And no way
of getting it out without removing the gas tank.
   If anyony has info on this let me know because next week my poly rear
bushings arrive and I'm replaceing the rear axle because my current one is
bent from where my Scirocco rolled into a lake last year (smashed a curb
first). Might as well do it all at the same time.

Rob,
85 8v Black Wolfsberg Edition

http://profiles.msn.com.