Re: 84 GTI 4k Tranny..WooHoo!

In a message dated 11/30/00 5:51:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Jason87vw@nac.net writes:

Well as the subject states, he is putting my 2.0 together today and he
slapped the clutch on the tranny, and to his amazement he found it was just
spinning away...He then looked up the codes and found out the it is an 8v
GTI 4k Tranny with 100mm flanges!!! What does this mean ?

It means you have the closest ratio transmission VW has used in the
watercooled cars. It has a 3.94 final drive instead of the 3.67 you should
have had. Top end will be hurt, but it makes a big difference on the bottom
end. I had one in my Scirocco 16v, and it kicked ass.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)