Re: New owner here...

In a message dated 11/30/00 12:44:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rboot8i7@mwc.edu writes:

Hello all,

I'm a new owner of an 88 Scirocco 16v.  I'm selling a 'street prepared' 92
Prelude SI because my insurance rates recently doubled (they finally
noticed my tickets).  I'm using the Scirocco to get me through the rise in
rates, but I'd also like to have fun with it.  I bought it for $500 and, as
could be expected, it has a few minor issues.

It needs the motor mounts replaced.
The shifter assembly is incredibly sloppy.  I believe I need to replace the
cup part that the ball goes into.
The shocks should be replaced.  At the same time, I would like to install
some progressive springs.
I may also need a new exhaust.

I think that's about it for now.  Of course, I'd also like to bump up the
performance in any way possible.  I've looked at just about every scirocco
site I can find.  What I haven't found (easily at least) are product
reviews.  What brands should I look into and what brands should I avoid?
Additionally, what are the weak points of the scirocco that I should
address?  Finally, are there any good VW shops in the DC area?  As much as
this will be something of a commuter car, I've always liked sciroccos and
would like to get the most out of my first VW experience.

Try:
TTTUNING.COM
EUROSPORTACC.COM
AUTOTECH.COM
ABDRACING.COM (expensive)
BSIRACING.COM
SRSVW.COM
or
RAPIDPARTS.COM

That's all I can think of right now....

Thanks in advance,

Rusty Booth
88 Scirocco 16v
92 Prelude SI

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)