diagnosing electrical short

still cant find the short in my steering wheel / ignition.  occasionally the
oil light/buzzer comes on (for no good reason, i've checked oil level and
pressure).  If i tap the ignition, it will stop, but then the car shuts
down.  when i restart everything is fine.  sometimes my horn doesnt work
either, but i see no connection between the two.

I've looked in the steering wheel for loose wires, etc.  cant find anything.
let it be known i'm not great with schematics, as my hours with my bentley
have proven.  anyhow, i'm not too worried as everything is working fine and
it only happens sometimes, but you know, i want the thing to work perfect
:-)

--
Greg Coan
'84 Scirocco