Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1602

RE:  Oil pump priming

If you are going to try to get oil into the system by cranking the engine,
it'd be best to have the plugs out so you don't have any more load on
the bearings. And, you can squirt some oil down the cylinders easily
prior to cranking.

My $0.02, it would be nice to prime by removing the
distributor, though.

Quoted comments below:

But what did you do to prime the oil system once it was in the car?  I
 can't think of what you did could do for the oil system.  On the 8V the
 easiest way is to use a drill with a long screwdriver extension(or old
 distributor shaft) to prime the motor.

   An even easier way is to remove the coil wire from the distributor, crank
the motor for about 10-15 seconds, stop for a few and repeat. Reconnect coil
wire to distributor.

Carl
77rocco
89fox

 -- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre