RE: Bucking or Violent Shuddering

> > I think its probably gonna be a vacume leak somewhere at the
> > intake boot.
> > Its probably small and only happens when its cold and the car
> > is shifted
> > hard? (Is that accurate??)
> > Is the car cold when this happens? When its warm it goes away?
> >

>Yes, the problem seems to go away after about 30 minutes of driving. It
>seems to be most prevelent during the first 20 minutes of driving--'course
>the car is pretty warm by that time. At idle and at steady speed it's fine.

I have had this happen on two separate cars, once it was injector seals,
the other times, it was an actual injector.  In the first case, replacing
the seats and seals fixed the problem.  The second time, I replaced three
of the four injectors with spares I had lying around hoping to nail the
malfunctioning one, and managed to get it.  Your Miliage May Vary.

So, the first time was a vacuum leak which 'slowed' as things warmed up
and expanded.  The second was a sticking injector pintle, which was
just about random in when it made the car stumble.  good luck.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net