Top Speed may not be true.

List,

    It is a well known fact that Scirocco speedodometers are not very accurate at high speeds.
    Example- There is a 16V Scirocco driver up the road from me who claims that he can go as fast as 140mph.
I'm all pissed off because my car can only go like 115.
    Well to make a short story short...
We raced side by side on a highway and discovered that my 16V speedo read almost 115mph while his read
135-137mph .
    note* 14in tires were used in both cars!
 ( a CB radio and a walkie-talkie were used in this experiment!)

Dan Kraus :-)