Re: oil pump prime

<< At 08:12 AM 11/27/00 -0600, Nate Mellom wrote:
 >I changed my oil pump this weekend, and all I did was stick the
 >draw-tube into a bucket of clean oil and turned the pump spindle by
 >hand, until the pump drew oil up into itself.  Then, let it drain back
 >down (to empty the pump), and install it.
 >Nate
 >'84 8v

 But what did you do to prime the oil system once it was in the car?  I
 can't think of what you did could do for the oil system.  On the 8V the
 easiest way is to use a drill with a long screwdriver extension(or old
 distributor shaft) to prime the motor.

   An even easier way is to remove the coil wire from the distributor, crank
the motor for about 10-15 seconds, stop for a few and repeat. Reconnect coil
wire to distributor.

Carl
77rocco
89fox