Re: Motor mount nightmare

In a message dated 11/28/00 12:16:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Snowst2912@aol.com writes:

When my motor is rocking way too much.  My intercooler pipes are pulling off
the tb.  Now I know the front and rear mounts are relatively easy to
replace,
but are the side mounts a nightmare?....any tips?

It's the passenger side one that sucks....it will take the first timer,
mechanical type person a couple hours to wrestle it in there. Do yourself a
favor and have the mount pressed into a spare bracket to avoid down time.
Once more, there most likely won't be anyplace open to get it pressed on that
saturday morning you choose to tackle the project. Make sure they put the
mount in right side up though!!

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)