From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Brian McGarvey
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2000 2:11 PM
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Recommendation Request Commuter VW.

Hey yall,

I have a question. Seems that is all i have. ....
Next year my wife comes back to the same STATE that I am going to school
in (whoo hoo). But there is a problem I am going to have to commute
 ~50mi - 75mi each way to school 3x times per week and when I am working
somewhere close to that everyday when I am working (6mo per
year: co-op) And I want a highly reliable VW or at least really easy to
work on. Are there any recommendations? I would choose a rocco. but
driving the wheels of one gives me the chills.

Killed in action (commuting) already:
1980 Caddie Eledorado diesel (...blown heads after I put 80K on it in 2
years)
1990 toyota tercel (rings... if it had ANY left; brakes or lack there
of....<-- that was scary.)

Getting a new home
1980 Sciricco... (Source of love for VW's :-) )
This one held up the best, except for the fact it had NO HEAT (blower
motor) and I only had it a year...

Current Diver
1990 Ford probe... it has the easy life. I walk to school right now.
Anybody need a nice car so I can finance my new VW. <G>
http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gt0954a/probe.html
shameless plug.