Re: stickers

george curl wrote:

> The Problem: My brothers 85 golf GTi recently got a
> new windshield (happy birthday)  Unfortunatly, the
> glass company could not save the Motor Trends car of
> the year sticker that was in the lower right corner.
> The local stealership was left scratching their heads.

I had one of those.. I bought a new '85 right after introduction.  Trivia:
that award was for the DOMESTIC car of the year, since the car's origin
was Westmoreland and the domestic content was high enough.  There was a
separate Import COTY that year (anybody have any idea what it was??).

Try Potterman, but I'd be surprised if that sticker even has a part number.
It was surely a Westmoreland-only thing, and was probably hastily ordered
after the award.. prolly just had a big bin of them at the end of the line
and slapped 'em on.

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0