Re: [Mk1gti] Rad Fan

Sal Guzzo wrote:

> How do I check to see if my rad fan works?
>
> The car is an 84 Scirocco with a/c and has the relay setup.  Can I merely
> use a jumper wire where the relay is located and if so, which terminals do I
> jump.  Thanks
>
> Sal

You pull the two wires going to the thermostat (in the Rad) and bridge
them together. The fan should come on immediately. (Watch out).

The fan goes to the fuse box by way of the whole in the fire wall but
for all intents it is all about the engine compartment; battery to
thermo to fan and back again. A/C cars and later models had two speed
fans but, hey, check your schematics for the added complexity associated.

hth,
TBerk