I'm about ready to give up.....:(

How  much is too much?  Since I bought my car last year in October, I've
had nothing but problems with it.  The stupid PO did a shoddy head job
on it, and ended up blowing up my engine.  So, it sat all winter until I
got my '84 GTi motor put in it.  It has never really started well, it
ran good, then last week my oil cooler seal blew and deposited 4.8
quarts of Mobil 1 all over the interstate.  I replaced the seal, started
her up, all good.  Took it out for a jaunt around the block, and I heard
clicking and I had very low oil pressure (thank god I had the
wherewithall to install my gauges).  So, figuring low oil pressure was
causing my valves/lifters/etc to make some noise, I took to replacing my
oil pump.  Got it all back together, started it up, all seemed good.
Took it to the grocery store last night (just to make sure all was
good), and it was still clattering a bit, not much.  So I took it REALLY
easy, and on the way home it got worse.  More noise, the car sorta
shuddered a bit, and then it seemed like my right front tire seized a
bit, and it bucked and squaked the tire.  More noise, so I pulled over,
locked it up and walked home.
What the hell should I do?  I don't have the money to keep dumping a new
motor into my car every 6 months, and I'm afraid to find out whats wrong
with it this time.  I haven't gone to look at it yet, I'll let you know
when I do.

Nate
'84 8v, with an uncertain future

(Anybody wanna trade a 8v for a 16v?  =o)