16V questions

Well, I'm going to begin my search for a replacement Scirocco, and I have
found an '88 w/ approx. 109K miles on it for $1,200.  I don't remember
what else the ad said, but that strikes me as kinda cheap.  Since I don't
have any experience with the 16Vs, I was just wondering what kind of
trouble areas I should be aware of, and how much it might cost to fix
them.

Thanks,
B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. "Fritz")