1.8L 16v Block in an 8v

Well, I am about to do this so I just wanted to make sure that it is
feasible.  As far as I know the blocks are the same except for the piston
squirters which would actually benefit an 8v motor.  I have a 1.8L block
still from when I swapped in a 2.0L and now I have a 8v Scirocco that needs
a block from someone hitting something huge in the middle of the car.  So,
swap over the distributor drive parts, pistons, and viola!!  Anyway,
everything else will be replaced new (oil pump, bearings, rings, all gaskets
and seals, probably clutch, etc.  So, whatdya think?  Any help would be
appreciated!!  Thanks In Advance!!!

Dave