Re:Uhaul pissing me off...

  I can empathise with you here, I nearly leaped the counter and strangled
the bastard after having already reserved a med-size truck and tow bar to
haul my 69 Electra (no dolly or U-haul carriers would hold it's mass).
Arrived at the rental joint and the only truck was one of thier largest with
a blown tranny, no tow bar. After about an hour of some heated words from me
and a non-stop line of what you got from them (note, when I asked for the
manager's no., they said they had his folks no., but he'd just moved out of
there...ok), I called the district office and after explaining that A) they
have willfuly violated thier contract by failing to supply when promised, B)
I was required to be on the other side of the country by a certain date under
penalty of jail time due to that I am a servicemember, and C) informed them I
had contacted my lawyer and will sue the manager of the store I contracted
thruogh, the store's owner/franchiser, and U-haul if  they did not fulfil
thier part of the overdue contract by noon the next day.
  First thing the next morning they magicaly found a truck at a reduced rate
and a dolly, so I brought my Rocco with me.
   I'm never using U-Haul again.

Carl
77rocco
89fox