Re: Help me plan the rebuild

I just have to add *something* ...so here's Ron's
advice (rather than just parts):

-Use anti-seize on exhaust man. stud threads.  Also
pulley bolts and CV bolts.

-Get 2' of braided cloth vacuum hose and replace all
those little connector pieces.

-Replace the braided cloth line from the overflow tank
to the radiator.

-Grease the adjuster screws for the PS pump and A/C
compressor so they don't rust.

-Is this a show car rebuild?  If you don't go whole
hog chroming and gold-cad plating everything, then
wire brush all ancillary components and spray with
clear semi-gloss or black Krylon (alt. brackets,
compressor line retention thingies, etc.).

-Stay away from RTV wherever possible.  Sand mating
gasket surfaces and lightly smear with the gooey brown
Permatex that doesn't harden.

Oh well, it's fun to imagine I'm contributing...

Do well;

Ron

--- Brett Van Sprewenburg <brett@netacc.net> wrote:
<snip of just about everything under the hood ;) >