Re: What seats can I bolt into a Mk 1 Scirocco

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:14:34 -0800 "Britt Grannis"
<hillcountry@caltel.com> writes:
> Hi Volks,
> I just bought an 81 Scirocco S and was wondering which other VW
> seats will fit the frame rails. I'm currently driving a 90 GTI which
has great
> seats, I've also read that Jetta GLI seats from A2 cars had Recaros in
some
> models.
> So which ones will just slide in and what are your recommendations?
> I'm also looking for any anti-sway bars and strut braces that might be
for
> sale and will fit my new Scirocco. I;m jazzed to finally have one of
these
> little rockets.
> Thanks,
> Britt
> Britt's Hillcountry Water Treatment

Congratulations!

Scirocco 2 seats will fit, but the center slide rail is too tall, so
there would be a lot of slop, unless you shimmed it or something..

Same thing with the A2 seats, plus the passenger side is not height
adjustable.

Solution: Take the bottom seat cushions and upholstery off of the new
seats, and mount them on your '81 S lower seat frames.
Then just snap on the seat backs and pop the clip back on.

I recently did that to 2 black leather Scirocco 16V seats, for my '79, I
used the '81 S lower seat frames,
 since it will not work on the regularnon-S high back Scirocco seats.

I also used the blue upholstery from a set of non height adjustable '84
GTI seats, and mounted them on Scirocco 2 frames for the '84.

HTH,
Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"