Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 6:08 PM
Subject: [ncvw] FS: 83 Rocco and assorted A1 stuff

Hey everyone. I know I don't post much, but due to some recent financial changes and pressure from my roommates, I need to get rid of some parts and stuff as soon as possible...like REALLY soon:

I'm selling my 1983 Scirocco Wolfsburg. It's silver with black leather. I was going to turn it into a Callaway Scirocco, then an IT car, but now it's just a VERY competent autocrosser/daily driver. It has the following:

Bilstein Sport struts and shocks/cut 16V springs
Urethane bushings/motor mounts
Ferrodo (maybe Mintex...can't remember) auto-x pads in front
All new rear brakes (wheel cyl's, etc.)

JH code 1.8L engine
Techtonics exhaust with Ultra-Flo muffler
4-1 header
rebuilt head
Drake Valve Springs (supposedly good to 9000RPM without float)
Hor Solid lifter cam
Ported intake manifold
A2 throttle body with modded throttle linkage
Euro GTI distributor
K&N air filter (oooh!!)
Low temp thermostat and fan switch
Techtonics Short shifter

Black leather interior, showing wear in the usual place on the driver's seat

All things considered, the car is in good shape. Body is ok. Needs a new driver side fender due to rust. No other rust to speak of. The hood and driver door have parts where the clearcoat is worn off. The car has been my daily driver since I bought it from my uncle in March. I have ALL the records, owner's manual, window sticker (somewhere), and an oh so 80's factory bra and dealer accessory wood shift knob, which is unused. Also, I have the original full size spare and tool kit, both of which are unused. All this cool stuff for $2100, or best. I'll even throw in the 1983 vintage Escort radar detector!

Some other parts I have that I need to get rid of:

Pacesetter cat-back exhaust, used for one month for A1-$70
Big bore throttle body with modified linkage-$25
(5) 15" Corrado G60 rims, 4 with worn cheapo tires, one with a BFG euro T/A-$400??/set
Rabbit GTI grill, good condition, minus VW emblem-$30
Stock JH distributor-$30??
Stock 2.0L 16V intake cam
(2) Stock JH cams
Amplified Fuba 16V roof antenna