How can you be in two places at once?

I got this email the other day from one of our fellow V-Dubbers:

Subject:  Spotted you
Date:  Sat, 4 Nov 2000

>  Hi Tosha!  <snip>...In an attempt
> to stimulate brain cells in non mathmatical way
> I decided to thumb through the December European
> Car magazine that came in the mail the day before.
> There was (an) article on Waterfest...yadda yadda yadda...
> something on an Audi...yadda yadda  yadda...article
> covering Driverfest along with some pics...rewind...
> PICS...hey, isn't that Tosha and that girl (Helena - Ed.)
> in that Driverfest pic???  By golly, it is Tosha.  I even
> confirmed the sighting with another person so it is YOU.
>   ; - )

Since no one else mentioned it yet, I decided to spill the beans myself.
Test drove a Passat VR6 (yeah!) Auto (rats!)

Btw- Ian O. and his lovely then-bride-to-be were right next to me, (we
carpooled). You can see the top of the other straw hat to my right. Ian,
you back from honeymooning? Congrats my friend.

Oh, and I _think_ I see myself in the Waterfest pic too: Red car in the
middle, with hood up, guy in black coat, hat, and beard is looking
inside. The Scirocco group & Jim's Darth Vader Convertible were far to
the left in this pic, and therefore out of sight. <sigh>

TBerk
basking in the glow of 15 seconds of fame.